What do I need to lodge a DA involving a house?

Undertaking a development application is a lot more fun when you know upfront what documentation you will require! Each dwelling house site will have its nuances and there will be slight variances to the below but this should help you get started. If ever in doubt call your local Council or a private town planner.

Proposal Plans

Whether you are proposing a new house, extensions or partial demolition of a house you will require a full set of building proposal plans. The full plan set should include a site plan, elevations, floor plans and in some instances your town planner may suggest additional plans to assist with your application such as a shadow diagram. These proposal plans can be prepared by an Architect, Builder, Draftsman or Building Designer

Town Planning Report

The town planning report will cover all the assessable components of the proposal as well as provide an assessment against the local and State legislation. The planning report will also be inclusive of State and local Council lodgement forms.

Owners Consent

The consent document is a one-page form signed by the current property owner as listed on the property title.  If you have recently purchased your property you may need to provide the contract of sale as proof of ownership as it can take time for the titles office information to filter through to Council systems.

Consultant Reports

If your property is affected by an overlay such as a Flood Overlay, Biodiversity Overlay or Bushfire Hazard Overlay you are likely to require a specialist report providing design advice and to support your application. Your town planner will identify which consultant reports are necessary and assist you to obtain quotes.

*Please note this information is relevant for Queensland development applications to be lodged with local governments only. Urban Planners Queensland lodge applications within South East Queensland, specifically we work with Brisbane City Council, Logan City Council, Gold Coast City Council, Ipswich City Council, Redland City Council and Sunshine Coast Regional Council.


Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.